Taaffe on Cuba

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Sep 4 15:59:30 MDT 2001

Xxxx Xxxxxx wrote:

> Fine, make it a blueprint if you like, my point remains the same.

Blueprint is equally unmarxist. I wasn't objecting to words. I was
objecting to your fundamental assumption that choosing social systems
was like choosing brands of beans off of a supermarket shelf. I presume
that was Lou's point too more or less. You aren't talking like a
marxist. You are talking like a Madison Avenue executive, a highschool
civics teacher, or the quality control engineer in an auto plant.
Nothing you say touches on existing human activity.

Carrol