Taaffe on Cuba

David Walters dwalters at igc.org
Wed Sep 5 19:49:00 MDT 2001

I haven't read the pamphlet, so I can't comment on it. But it seems there is
always a wing of the pro-Cuba movement (the dominant wing from my own
experience) that can tolerate NO criticism of Cuba or the Cuban Communist
Party. It was a problem in CISPES  and a problem with those supporting the
Nicaraguan revolution in 80s as well (where it assumed amazing cult like
proportions)...this subordination of critical thinking to "the revolution."
I hope this doesn't occur here as well.

David Walters