Victor Serge

Gorojovsky Gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar
Wed Sep 5 21:06:52 MDT 2001

En relación a Victor Serge,
el 5 Sep 01, a las 10:21, Louis Proyect dijo:

> Wandering around Buenos Aires in June of last year, Susan Weissman, an
> associate professor of politics at California's Saint Mary's College, found
> herself on a street lined with bookstores -- where, in the window of one shop,
> she noticed a display of the latest issue of El Rodaballo, a literary and
> political journal. The magazine's design was elegant, but what really caught her
> eye was its headline: "The Contemporary Relevance of Victor Serge." It is a
> subject very close to Ms. Weissman's heart.

Serge was quite well known in the Marxist left of Buenos Aires during the 50s
and 60s, particularly due to the work of diverse Trotskyist groups, among which
the one I come down from. In fact, in the Argentina of the 60s and 70s most
Marxists had quite a good grasp (at least a general knowledge) not only of
Lenin but also of Trotsky, Serge, Preobrazhensky, et al.

This was one of the most amazing consequences of the "European" character of
our intelligentsia.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar