Social Structures of Accumulation

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Fri Sep 7 02:47:37 MDT 2001

I know that "The Weakest Link" is a show that exists in various national
incarnations.  When I was in Europe I saw a German version of the
show that was virtually identical (down to the dominatrix-type female
host) to the American version. (There is also, BTW a German verison
of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?") Most of these shows (including
"Survivor"),
I believe originated in Europe .  Whether this is supposed to be
symptomatic
or the erosion of European social democracy, I will leave to others to
comment.

Jim F.