Extreme caution and thoughfulness is needed.

Gary MacLennan g.maclennan at qut.edu.au
Tue Sep 11 16:13:41 MDT 2001

First I am relieved to hear from Lou.  My knowledge of New York geography
is very poor and I thought he might have been in danger.  Secondly I think
our attitude should be total agreement with the Cuban statement.  At times
I am exceptionally proud of Cuba and this is one such time.

Have we though crossed a Rubicon here? It is impossible to say at this time
but my first reactions are absolute horror at the images which are
constantly being relayed on television here and secondly a gut feeling that
the State and the Right and Sharon and co will benefit greatly from this.

We so desperately need a world based on compassion and caring for all
living things and a respect for nature.  I have never felt that dream to be
so far away as it is now.

regards

Gary