A suggestion on what to discuss

Gorojovsky Gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar
Wed Sep 12 06:41:16 MDT 2001

Can we sum up, now?

Some among us believe that the events this morning were prepared by the high
command of the American Empire in order to galvanize the American people for
future engagement in a more unruly world scenario, an engagement which might
imply huge masses of American GI's occupying foreign land.

Others believe that the events took the high command of the American Empire
absolutely unawares, and that the coup on the self-confidence of the American
bourgeoisie couldn't be harder. If I am not wrong, however, these also admit
that, at least as an immediate perspective, the attacks will result in a strong
rightwards turn of the American population.

Others (some siding to one general line, others siding to the other one) also
agree, however, on the serious consequences that the events will have on
popular consciousness in America.

I, for one, tend to pay good attention to the issues raised by Jared (maybe I
would enlarge the interest a bit, thinking of somewhere else than the fSU and
China). But I also accept that I might be wrong.

What I would like to stress is that we seem to be in full agreement as to what
will happen in the consciousness of the masses (not to speak of the perilous
period that is opening up right now). So, I suggest we center ourselves on the
immediate tasks and leave the debate over the origin and trademark of the
attacks for a less urgent future.

What do our American comrades think that can be done to forestall the
chauvinistic, reactionary mood that seems to be bound to grip the American
masses? Perhaps this debate may prove more fruitful.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar
=======