Why arab people are happy.

Gorojovsky Gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar
Wed Sep 12 07:08:29 MDT 2001

En relación a Why arab people are happy.,
el 12 Sep 01, a las 7:54, Riad Kobaisi dijo:

> [ converted from html ]
>
> Hi comrades
>  I just want to reminde that the Arab people are not the only people who hates
>  America. so [...] plz dont blame arabs if you see them happy with what
>  is happening.

I would like to reassure Riad about this. Even the American friends on this
list are fully aware of the actual meaning of the acronym USA for billions of
innocent people whose lives are subjected to destruction on the four corners of
the planet, and nobody can deny that, in an awkward sense, the guy in Argentina
who sent a sobering posting on the blastings with the title "The rage of God"
expressed a widespread feeling. So that we all understand that dozens of
Palestinian or Arab youth break out to the streets and start rejoicing in
public.

This said, however, I insist once again in the necessity to keep a cool head.
And keeping a cool head, in my own opinion, means that we should not disperse
our mind on rather secondary issues such as "who did it", "how can someone be
happy", and similars. It requires from us to focus on the more important issues
arising from the question "what will they do next and how can we stop the
backlash?". Full, unrestricted condemnation of terrorism, together with the
clear indictment of the USA as the first and foremost terrorist nation in the
planet, seem to be the first reaction. But this is not enough. Not enough.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar
=======