CNN coverage

John Croft john.croft at eidosnet.co.uk
Thu Sep 13 04:09:06 MDT 2001

It has been claimed, on another mailing list, that CNN have been using
images of Palestinians celebrating, which were in fact shot in 1991 after
the invasion of Kuwait. This person says that he has videotapes recorded
back then with exactly the same footage. This wouldn't surprise me, but can
anyone confirm this?

Here in the UK, some images were shown on the BBC, but only a couple of
times, and only involving a couple of dozen people. The next day they showed
(much more numerous) Palestinians holding placards denouncing the attack,
and queuing up to give blood. I'd be interested to know how this compares to
coverage in the US -- whether, for example, these latter images were given
similar prominence to the former.

John

=======