Dumb gets dumber

Gorojovsky Gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar
Sat Sep 15 08:36:10 MDT 2001

En relación a Re: Dumb gets dumber,
el 14 Sep 01, a las 22:15, Louis Proyect dijo:

> The warmakers need no
> Battleship Maine today. They need no Gulf of Tonkin.

As seen from outside, this is not reasonable. They need more than that in order
to establish the conditions for the American ordinary citizen to supersede the
VietNam Syndrome. Many people, of the most different social classes in
Argentina, are convinced that the Americans intervene everywhere up to the
point when American corpses begin to return home. This is what people concluded
after Irak. A strong reason must be found to allow for corpses to be accepted
as a fact of life by ordinary Americans. And I am afraid that this is already
beginning to happen.

A young friend of mine is at an MBA somewhere in New England. He has written to
me yesterday, telling that he met some young Americans who have begun to say
"yes, we see that these things can happen if we foster terror outside our
frontiers, but well this is a price we have to pay". I mean, these people may
become the first exponents of the new mood in American people, the same mood
which led the British or French or German workers to side with their
bourgeoisies in the colonial adventures of the 19th. and early 20th. Century.

In order to overcome VietNam, the American establishment needs something quite
stronger than the Maine. Whether they did it, helped to do it, or not, they
have got what they needed. Voices have begun to shoot out in Argentina against
the shameful position of our government, which pose the basic political
question "cui prodest?", that is "who benefits?".  Shamir and Bush benefit. So
that, as Agence France Presse has pointed out a couple of days ago, the
"internal" clue should not be excluded.

And if it is found to be true, then you American Leftists will have a first
order weapon against your own bourgeoisie. Please note that in this case the
slightest connivence of some people in the safety apparatus is enough.

Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar
=======