British Fall-Out of WTC Bombings

Lou Paulsen wwchi at enteract.com
Sat Sep 15 15:16:52 MDT 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Gorojovsky <Gorojovsky at arnet.com.ar>
To: marxism at lists.panix.com <marxism at lists.panix.com>
Date: Saturday, September 15, 2001 9:41 AM
Subject: Re: British Fall-Out of WTC Bombings

>En relación a Re: British Fall-Out of WTC Bombings,
>el 14 Sep 01, a las 7:39, Lou Paulsen dijo:
>
>> Afghanistan isn't nearly as attractive a target, [as Irak] not only
because
>> it's difficult to invade it, but because there's no oil there that I know
>> of.
>
>Wrong. Afghanistan has always been the key to Central Asia. And in Central
Asia
>lie some of the last basins of large and profitable oilfields. Plans have
been
>devised, if I don't recall wrongly, to build pipe lines from Central Asia
>the sea through Afghanistan and Pakistan thus avoiding India and Iran. So
that,
>even if oil were the only concern, Afghanistan would be an important piece.

Nestor: you're absolutely right.  Not only was I not thinking about this
clearly, but I hadn't done my homework on my own party's website!
Fortunately not everyone in WWP is as stupid as I am.

For the record, this article, "Afghanistan and Oil", was written on the
occasion of the Taliban coming to power:

http://www.workers.org/archives/1997/afghanoil.html

Lou Paulsen
member, WWP, Chicago

We have some articles up on the www.workers.org website now