Who and Why for the last time, welcome to the Looking Glass World

Stewart Sinclair stewsinc at eol.ca
Sun Sep 16 10:22:45 MDT 2001

Welcome to the looking glass wars, where nothing is quite what it seems and
often is completely arss about face.  I think most of us can see from the
details that are publicly available that the official explanations are
hardly credible.  The question now is, how far have would "they" go and how
far have "they" already gone.  The next question is what does the
opposition do about it.

We now live in the world of a single superpower armed to the teeth and
ready to wack any body or anything.  But it has no credible enemies.  How
do the spooks and the gunsels that now seem to run much of the show resist
pressure to "stand down".

Tailor made enemies would be one answer, fashioned out of the shadows and
put back into the shadows until needed or useful.  Osama bin Laden's outfit
was "created" by the CIA but then it got out of control - or did it.  Is it
just running on a longer leash?  Hamas was created by the Israeli secret
service, but then it got out of control - or did it?  The suicide bombings
provide and a powerful excuse for the military terror in the West Bank and
the murder of Israeli Arabic citizens at a demonstration a year so ago
among many other atrocities.  If one wants to look for the capacity for
atrocities start with the Dresden bombing of 1945, the Nagasaki (the 2nd)
A-bomb, the 9 million tons of bombs on Vietnam plus the artillery and
chemicals, and so on and on.  The list is endless.  But "they" wouldn't do
it to Americans you say.  Why not?  "They" have performed many smaller
atrocities on US citizens.

More keys to the recent actions (aside from the fact that no has claimed
it) are
1)the spectacular (but economically ineffectual) nature of the action and
2)the degree to which the "they" could control conditions at the final
target.

The number of really important people who might have been at the trade
centre could be easily controlled.  The people and activities in that part
of the defence HQ could also be easily arranged.  Especially in that it had
been recently renovated and newly re-occupied.  There could be no
"important" people there, only sacrificial lambs.

An outfit sophisticated enough to carry out these attacks would surely know
that these kind of attacks would have little impact on the real economy of
North America.  For real damage, the water supplies and power grids etc.
would make more logical and far easier targets.

It must be clear from the forgoing that I have changed my basic position on
this mess.  I think I now agree with Jared Israel on this matter.  I also
thought that the idea that the apparatus itself had big hand in it was too
fantastic but it now makes more sense than my original thesis of a
dissident cell within the intelligence machine.

Hitting the Pentagon, at precisely the point where they would have complete
and EASY control over who was in that part of the building was the kicker
for me.

The following item from the Saturday Sept. 14 Toronto Globe and Mail kind
of clinched it.

====Clipping====
Hijackers scoped sites, official says
[space]
[space]
By MURRAY CAMPBELL
With reports from Reuters and AP

Friday, September 14, 2001 – Print Edition, Page A11

The hijacked plane that crashed into the Pentagon circled the U.S. Capitol
first and cruised down the Washington Mall as if it were trying to pick out
a target.

The revelation, by a U.S. congressman who serves on a subcommittee dealing
with aviation, is one of many details trickling out two days after the
worst terrorist attack in U.S. history.

"The plane that hit the Pentagon circled the Capitol building, went down
the Mall at low altitude and then hit the Pentagon afterward," John Mica, a
Republican representative from Florida, said yesterday.

During Tuesday's attack, politicians and officials were struggling -- along
with television announcers -- to gauge the scope and intensity of what was
happening.

The new revelations make the terror even worse than what the millions of
people glued to their televisions might have feared:

After the Pentagon was hit, senior generals phoned their relatives to warn
them not to drink the tap water, fearing that it might be poisoned.

U.S. President George W. Bush, looking to return to the White House, was
told that he couldn't and that he had to get on Air Force One and fly as
high as it would go so it could be covered by fighter jets.

Vice-President Dick Cheney was hustled out of his West Wing office to a
bunker by Secret Service agents who told him that an airplane was headed
for the White House.

Mr. Mica said Capitol Hill police told him about the jet that flew close to
the Capitol before cruising over the White House on its way to the Pentagon.

"This means that that plane could have hit the Capitol and the White House,
as a target and chose to hit, which he did with precision, the Pentagon,"
he said. "He had his choice of them."

===end of clip====

Now what to we do?

Stewart Sinclair

PS I'm going to be out of town for a while (Sept 17 to Oct.25)so I'll be
dropping off the list temporarily.

=======