Afghan and Iraqi revolutionaries oppose war, condemn terrorism

glparramatta glparramatta at greenleft.org.au
Sun Sep 16 18:45:43 MDT 2001

RAWA

The people of Afghanistan have nothing to do with Osama and
his
accomplices

On September 11, 2001 the world was stunned with the horrific
terrorist
attacks on the United States. RAWA stands with the rest of the
world in
expressing our sorrow and condemnation for this barbaric act
of violence
and terror. RAWA had already warned that the United States
should not
support the most treacherous, most criminal, most
anti-democracy and
anti-women Islamic fundamentalist parties because after both
the Jehadi
and the Taliban have committed every possible type of heinous
crimes
against our people, they would feel no shame in committing
such crimes
against the American people whom they consider "infidel". In
order to
gain and maintain their power, these barbaric criminals are
ready to
turn easily to any criminal force.

But unfortunately we must say that it was the government of
the United
States who supported Pakistani dictator Gen. Zia-ul Haq in
creating
thousands of religious schools from which the germs of Taliban
emerged.
In the similar way, as is clear to all, Osama Bin Laden has
been the
blue-eyed boy of CIA. But what is more painful is that
American
politicians have not drawn a lesson from their
pro-fundamentalist
policies in our country and are still supporting this or that
fundamentalist band or leader. In our opinion any kind of
support to the
fundamentalist Taliban and Jehadies is actually trampling
democratic,
women's rights and human rights values.

If it is established that the suspects of the terrorist
attacks are
outside the US, our constant claim that fundamentalist
terrorists would
devour their creators, is proved once more.

The US government should consider the root cause of this
terrible event,
which has not been the first and will not be the last one too.
The US
should stop supporting Afghan terrorists and their supporters
once and
for all.

Now that the Taliban and Osama are the prime suspects by the
US
officials after the criminal attacks, will the US subject
Afghanistan to
a military attack similar to the one in 1998 and kill
thousands of
innocent Afghans for the crimes committed by the Taliban and
Osama? Does
the US think that through such attacks, with thousands of
deprived, poor
and innocent people of Afghanistan as its victims, will be
able to wipe
out the root-cause of terrorism, or will it spread terrorism
even to a
larger scale?

>From our point of view a vast and indiscriminate military
attacks on a
country that has been facing permanent disasters for more than
two
decades will not be a matter of pride. We don't think such an
attack
would be the expression of the will of the American people.

The US government and people should know that there is a vast
difference
between the poor and devastated people of Afghanistan and the
terrorist
Jehadi and Taliban criminals.

While we once again announce our solidarity and deep sorrow
with the
people of the US, we also believe that attacking Afghanistan
and killing
its most ruined and destitute people will not in any way
decrease the
grief of the American people. We sincerely hope that the great
American
people could DIFFERENTIATE between the people of Afghanistan
and a
handful of fundamentalist terrorists. Our hearts go out to the
people of
the US.

Down with terrorism!

Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan (RAWA)

September 14, 2001
=========

WCPI
The Savage Attack on the citizens in America is a Horrifying
Terrorist
Crime Against Humanity

The horrifying and bloody disaster of September11 in America
has spread
fear in the hearts of billions of people worldwide. This
crime, which
has shocked the world and showed the danger and fears
surrounding the
innocent people.
On September 11, some bloodthirsty terrorists turned four
civil
airplanes with more than 260 innocent people on board into
human bombs
and exploded, over the heads of tens of thousands of workers,
at twin
towers of the World trade centre and civilians in New York
City.  They
also used innocent people instead of bombs to explode
Pentagon.
In this way thousands become victims of this horrendous crime.
This
crime on September 11 showed how much terrorism hates
humanity, and how
it is ready to achieve its goal by committing all sorts of
crime.
Terrorism and perpetrators of this despicable act by
committing this
crime once again faced and attracted extreme protest, anger
and
condemnation worldwide.

Regardless of who directly is responsible for this terrorist
disaster,
this ruthless act showed how much the humanity today suffers
from
terrorism. It showed how terrorism has stepped into the field
and become
a form of confrontation among states and reactionary forces.
Societies
such as Palestine, Israel, Iraq and Afghanistan are sunken in
an
official and an overt terrorism, moreover, encouraging racial,

patriotic, and religious ravages and suicides is practiced on
daily
bases and on a wide scale

The American state though its arrogance and aggressions is the
biggest
perpetrator of terrorism internationally. But today after this
horrible
tragedy in America, nationalism, reactionary Islam and
American
aggression all over the world should be condemned and
protested by the
masses of people.

The US government wants to take advantage of this disaster to
maintain
its aggression on international scale and to push forward its
interests,
policy, and ideology worldwide. In its propaganda the USA
portrays this
terrorist act as an attack on (democratic) and (free) regime!
But in
reality this disaster shows only one of the faces of the anti-
human
nature of the today’s capitalist system led by the USA.
American state
itself is the biggest international terrorist organisation,
which has
committed all kinds of crimes against humanity including using
the
atomic bomb against Japan, its crimes in Vietnam, Persian
gulf, and
Former Yugoslavia. This new terrorist act is continuation and
a reaction
to the international terrorism led by America.

The American State wants to use this disaster as an excuse for

recruiting and mobilising force behind its international
interests and
to show more aggression. Its calls for revenge and attempt to
gain the
support of other countries in the name of fighting terrorism
is
preparing the ground for this purpose and in the same time it
represents
a greater terrorist danger on the humanity.

This act in addition to be an evidence on despicable nature of

terrorism, it also shows that the US arrogance and reaction
has
different forms of danger on the future of humanity, freedom
and
security of our globe and should be stopped.
Worker communist Party of Iraq strongly condemn and protest
this crime
and shows its sympathy with people in America and the families
of the
victims.

     Worker Communist Party of Iraq
             September 12, 2001