THE LEFT MUST END PERONISM IN ARGENTINA

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Mon Sep 17 03:03:46 MDT 2001

Juan Peron may well have been an admirer of Mussolini and Hitler,
but his movement was objectively quite different from European fascism.
Fascism arose in Europe in opposition to the workers movement,
and fascists upon coming to power crushed the workers movement
with utter ruthlessness.  Peronism on the contrary represented a
"great leap forward" for the labor movement in Argentinia.  The
fact is that Peron's first government provided state backing
to the unions, and all sorts of reforms were enacted that benefited
workers.  It is certainly true that Peronism as a political movement
had and has many contradictory aspects but this is precisely what
a Marxist analysis of Peronism must attempt to explain.

Jim F.

On Sun, 16 Sep 2001 22:13:48 -0700 (PDT) Eduardo Enriquez
<eldiablito666 at yahoo.com> writes:

> --- Jim Farmelant <farmelantj at juno.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Sat, 15 Sep 2001 23:19:45 -0700 (PDT) Eduardo
> > Enriquez
> > <eldiablito666 at yahoo.com> writes:
> > >

> > > i mean a juan peron fanatic we have here.
> > >
> > > let's read what the encarta encyclopedia tells us
> > > about MR. Peron which is something most books will
> > > also tell us about Peron and indeed latin american
> > > leftists as well as leftists from other parts.
> >
> > So I take it that now Bill Gates' Encarta
> > Encyclopedia is now
> > a bible of Marxist analysis?  I suspect that Eduardo
> > is having
> > a little joke at our expense.  Nestor has over the
> > years provided
> > with a voluminous amount of Marxist analysis of
> > Peronism as
> > a political movement (please checkout the archives
> > of Marxmail).
> > If Eduardo has disagreements with this analysis then
> > he should
> > start presenting us with his alternative analysis.
> > I don't really
> > think that the Encarta Encyclopedia is the best
> > place to start.
> >
> > Jim F.
> >

> WELL YEAH I THINK YOU CAN SEE IT AS KIND OF A JOKE TO
> MAKE MR. NESTOR FALL "A SUPPOSED MARXIST"ON THE FACTS
> OF JUAN PERON'S ANTI-LEFTISM AND NEXUS TO FASCISM WITH
> MR. GATE'S ENCYCLOPEDIA. IF ENCARTA KNWOS ABOUT THIS
> AND MR. NESTOR DENIES THIS THEN I MEAN THIS IS INDEED
> FUNNY. MR. NESTOR HAS BEEN DEFENDING A CHARACTER LIKE
> PERON AND THUS IT IS THE REASON WHY I WAS PROPMTED TO
> ANSWER HIM THIS WAY.
>
> HAHAHAHA!

> =======
> PLEASE clip all extraneous text before replying to a message

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
=======