"freedom fighters"

marco rodrigues machetero_ngola at disinfo.net
Mon Sep 17 12:13:57 MDT 2001

***
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 08:34:24 -0400
From: Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com>
Subject: "Abdul Haq, we are with you"

"There's much more to do. Throughout the world the Soviet Union and its
agents, client states, and satellites are on the defensive-on the moral
defensive, the intellectual defensive, and the political and economic
defensive. Freedom movements arise and assert themselves. They're doing so
on almost every continent populated by man-in the hills of Afghanistan, in
Angola, in Kampuchea, in Central America. In making mention of freedom
fighters...

Ronald Reagan, "Creators of the Future" speech, March 8, 1985
***

reagan referred to UNITA as "freedom fighters?"  I think I'm gonna be sick.

And the flag waving continues...
=======