WARNING: NEW WORM!!!

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Sep 18 13:00:47 MDT 2001

Lou,

I've been warning all of our comrades about this. It is very big. The story
this link goes to ties the mail bombing that is flooding the internet right
now to the WTC attack. Another message I got said that the FBI said it was.
We'll be hearing more about this. But I think that there is a danger because
it spreads so easily, using something like a hundred possible
vulnerabilities.

You may want to send out something to Marxmail.

Gary

INFOWORLD ALERT: SECURITY
Tuesday,  September 18, 2001

MAJOR NEW WORM POSES SERIOUS THREAT WORLDWIDE

September 18, 2001 10:40 AM

A NEW WORM that can infect all 32-bit Windows computers
and propagates using multiple methods has spread
across the world Tuesday morning, according to Roger
Thompson, technical director of malicious code at TruSecure.

For Full Story:
http://www.infoworld.com/articles/hn/xml/01/09/18/010918hnworm.xml?0918alert

Louis Proyect

=======