Antiwar initiative in NYC

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Sep 19 08:07:51 MDT 2001

Friends,
On Saturday the 15th we held a meeting at the Brecht to discuss responses to
the crisis. We started out with the idea of a relatively small meeting to
discuss initiating teach-ins, but over 200 people attended from more that 70
different organizations who wanted to discuss a number of initiatives and
how to make them more effective. These included a number of activities this
weekend including a community meeting to express solidarity with the arab
and islamic community and converting the national actions in Washington DC
into an anti-war demonstration. A number of people wanted to discuss forming
a coalition or a response network and they have called an open meeting to
take place

                Wednesday, Sept, 19th at 6:30 pm
     at SEIU Local 1199 - 330 West 42nd Street  - penthouse
                 (between 8th and 9th Avenues)

We have put together a listserve from that meeting so that all who were
there and others who are interested can communicate any initiatives they are
involved in to the rest of us.

To send messages to this list just ADDRESS YOUR EMAIL to
911 at www.brechtforum.org

If you want to be on the list, just send a message that says
"unsubscribe 911" to majordomo at www.brechforum.org

Conversely, if you want do not want to be on the list, just send a message
that says
"subscribe 911" to majordomo at www.brechtforum.org

Louis Proyect

=======