FW: [Fwd: New York Post insulting Native Americans]

Craven, Jim jcraven at clark.edu
Wed Sep 19 19:06:04 MDT 2001

From: Matt Sherman <ILFORCE at aol.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 10:06:10 EDT
Subject: Insult to Native Americans

 While people of compassion around the world mourn the loss of life in
the recent New York City tragedy, The New York Post chose to heap another
of their long line of insults upon Native Americans.  They recently
published a wanted poster of Osama Bin Laden. Joined with this poster was
one of our revered and honored warriors, Geronimo. It's ironic considering
The Post sits on land swindled from our people many years past. To put our
esteemed warrior in the same category as Bin Laden is not only offensive it
is blatant racism hidden under the guise of patriotism.

Geronimo fought to repel those who would come into his homeland and heap
death and destruction upon his people...sound familiar? Do they think we do
not cry for the dead and hurting? Do they think our people do not suffer
this tragic loss? Surely they most know that native blood lies beneath the
rubble and runs through the veins of many who work in the rescue effort.

Is this the proper time to speak of the ongoing offenses directed
towards Indian People? President Bush told us to get back to doing what we
do.This is what we do.

Our people have endured death and destruction in excess of 500 years yet
we seek to alleviate the suffering of others during this crisis, that's our
way. It is not our way to accept insults to our respected leaders who have
walked on.

Demand an apology today!

                                                            Matt Sherman
Madadje Moniga