Teach-ins spread

David Walters dwalters at igc.org
Fri Sep 21 16:55:19 MDT 2001

We had over 400 people last night...not at a teach in...but at an organizing
meeting for a new peace movement here in San Francisco.

I was quite proud that the political line adopted and organizational
parameters defined mostly by ex-SWPers from a variety of tendencies and
independents unaffiliated with any group, but also ex-SWP. Lots of credit
goes to the ISO who helped do the initial organizing for this meeting. There
is little sectarian jockying, only some nay-sayers who tried stamping the
meeting a-priori as unrepresentive.

David

=======