The nature of the new war

Craven, Jim jcraven at clark.edu
Sun Sep 30 18:53:29 MDT 2001

Henry Liu wrote:

It is a matter of time before decision makers in the US will be forced
to recognize that the cost of the war on terrorism exceeds the benefits
of US policies that terrorists aim at changing.  That is if the US wants
to remain a democracy and keep its ways of life intact.

Henry C.K. Liu

Response Jim C: Excuse me Henry, and with all due respect, but for someone
whose Nation (Blackfoot) is on the verge of extinction within the borders of
the U.S. and Canada, along with all other Indigenous Nations, having been
brought to that point by the systems and State policies of the U.S. and
Canada, and as someone who has seen nothing resembling real "democracy" in
America--not even a real "Republic"-- throughout my whole life, this
statement makes me feel possibly like you might feel if I said that if the
KMT wants Taiwan to 'remain a democracy and keep its ways of life intact'...

I for one do not want to see what is euphemistically called "American
democracy" and American "ways of life" [e.g. genocide] "intact."

Jim Craven

=======