Solidarity with Woomera protesters & detainees
glparramatta at greenleft.org.au
Wed Apr 3 03:16:18 MST 2002
The following statement of solidarity with the Easter weekend Woomera
protesters and the detainees was adopted unanimously on March 31 by the
Asia Pacific International Solidarity Conference which was being held in
Sydney that weekend, and was attended by 750 activists from more than a
On the morning of March 31, the conference participants had attended a
solidarity protest of more than 1000 people outside Villawood detention
centre in Sydney.
"This conference expresses its solidarity with the activists and
detainees at Woomera - as we did with the action at Villawood detention
center this morning.
We condemn the police violence against protesters and detainees over
this weekend, and demand:
1) that all charges against the protesters and detainees be dropped;
2) the immediate closure of all the refugee detention camps;
3) an end to mandatory detention;
4) the repeal of the Border protection Act;
5) no misnamed "Pacific solution"; and
6) the replacement of the temporary protection visa regime with full
citizenship for refugees and asylum seekers."
Please feel free to distribute to all who might be interested.
Free the Refugees Campaign
PLEASE clip all extraneous text before replying to a message.
More information about the Marxism