German partition (was: Re: Supporting Arafat, and the Issue of Suicide Bombings)

Johannes Schneider Johannes.Schneider at gmx.net
Thu Apr 4 04:06:51 MST 2002

Macdonald wrote:

> I don't think the USSR had a single problem with dividing Germany,
Henry....
> although they did float the idea of a return in what, the late 50's?

As always thinks have been a bit more complex: Historically the Western
allies and the German bourgeoisie are responsible for the German partition
after WWII, because they wanted to integrated the Western part into NATO,
whereas the Soviet Union prefered a neutral (but still capitalist) unified
Germany.

Johannes