Democratic Treaty Against Native Peoples

Macdonald Stainsby mstainsby at tao.ca
Mon Apr 8 22:17:25 MDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Brady" <cdbrady at attglobal.net>

> This particular
> ballot is another example of how skewed and sanctimoniously
> manipulative has become the phrase "direct democracy" which its
> sponsors have labeled the essence of this device:

Rightt, but do we want to eliminate the concept or demand the right to not only
answer questions, but to write and ask them as well...

We need to be careful how we explain our opposition to these maneuvers- the
beyond cynical "referendum"-- without denying the concept of direct democracy is
a good one- and wholly unmanagable under capitalism.

Macdonald.