films

jonathan flanders jon_flanders at compuserve.com
Tue Apr 9 16:40:28 MDT 2002

Mike,

  For part of our May Day activity this year in Albany which will be held
at SUNY's Page Hall, we will be showing the latest Ken Loach film, "The
Navigators," which follows the travails of British railroad workers after
the privatization of British Rail. It was written by Rob Dawber, a railroad
worker, who died from asbestosis before the film was completed.

  "Bread and Roses", Loach's previous film, is now out on video.

Jon Flanders