scissors

Mike Schwartz tiggertrot at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 11 12:53:14 MDT 2002

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help me out in understanding the "scissors
crisis" in the Soviet Union. If I'm not mistaken it referrs to high
industrial prices and low agricultural prices at the same time which caused
the peasants to hold on to their food instead of selling it to the cities?
But I was wondering if someone could elaborate a little bit in popular
language. We're not all well versed in economic theory :) Thanks.
Comradely,
Mike Schwartz
P.S. Lou, thanks for sourcing my article on prison labor on your site ;)