marxism-digest V1 #4593

Alan Bradley abradley1 at bigpond.com
Sat Apr 13 06:51:35 MDT 2002

> From: Louis Proyect
> When I hear Norm Dixon saying something like, "Here's my own take on
> that question...", I'll be convinced that serious Marxist analysis is
> taking place. Of course, the rules of "Democratic centralism" make
> that impossible.

This is a bad example.  Norm Dixon is one of GLW's main writers.  A fair
slab of GL is therefore "his take" on the questions he writes about.  GL
articles aren't written by committee.

In fact, DSP members are actively encouraged to study particular struggles,
countries and whatnot.  They don't depend on "the line from on high" in
doing so.

Alan Bradley
abradley1 at bigpond.com