Translation

Ed George edgeorge at usuarios.retecal.es
Sat Apr 13 12:43:29 MDT 2002

Mine wrote:

nestor (julio balibar or anybody)! can you translate your signature into
english! i wonder so much what Jose de San Martín says..

thanks, Mine

I think it goes something like this:

Comrades of the Army of the Andes.

War has to be made as we can: as long as we have money, food and a twist
of tobacco we shall want for nothing: when our clothes are worn out we
shall dress ourselves with the shawls that our womenfolk will make for
us, and we will wear the same animal hides as do our Indian brothers:
let us be free, and nothing else shall matter.

José de San Martín, 27 July, 1819

Ed