Re.: (English) Developments in Venezuela (Guardian,

Ed George edgeorge at usuarios.retecal.es
Sat Apr 13 14:39:21 MDT 2002

Chris wrote: 'How could The Guardian print this without comment: "Chavez
had ordered National Guard troops and civilian gunmen, including rooftop
snipers, to fire on the marchers Thursday military officers said." ???'

I fully agree. But the need to have to read between the lines with the
bourgeois press doesn't mean that we shouldn't use it. It's the quickest
form of information we have at the moment and as things might be kicking
off right now in Venezuela I posted it with that in mind. The El Mundo
article is of a piece as well.

Ed