Moderator's note

Lou Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Apr 15 10:06:31 MDT 2002

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:43:59 -0400, Jim Craven wrote:

>The fact that this organism stalks this list
>under various aliases should indicate clearly
>the mental state as well as racist intentions
>and fixations of this organism.

For new folks on the list, let me explain. Joan Camer*n was subbed
here until a month or so ago. She was a member of the Trotskyist
movement in Canada 25 years or so ago, but had evolved into a mixture
of of Social Darwinism and libertarian/skeptic ideology. It took me a
while to figure this out since she packaged her rants in left jargon.

Generally speaking, I am very tolerant of various viewpoints. I doubt
if you will find as much of a mix of Marxist ideologies anywhere else
on or off the Internet, with as much respect for opposing ideas. The
only thing I ask is a willingness to suspend a thread when I feel it
has exhausted itself.

With Camer*n, there was a total refusal to abide by this. As you can
see, she is going through all sorts of subterfuges to keep a thread
going about which nobody, including myself, has anything new to say.
What is the point of responding to challenges about the character of
precapitalist societies that have been made not once, but dozens of
times? You can look into the Marxmail archives to find out where
people stood.

One of the things that destroyed the old Marxism lists that preceded
this one was a refusal by deranged sectarians to let a thread die
after it had been exhausted. I remember when a fight over who was the
true representative of the Shining Path and who was an agent of
Fujimori went on for at least 4 months. People would write me notes
offline pleading to find a way to stop it. Now that I am paying for a
Marxism list that has moved past this kind of insanity, I will no
longer allow sectarians or obsessed Social Darwinists to preach to us
ad infinitum/ad nauseum.

I would only ask Jim to allow Les Schaffer and I adopt the filtering
mechanisms to weed out this crap.

--

Marxism list: http://www.marxmail.org