Wed., April 17: Destroying Freedom to "Save" It
furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Apr 15 12:38:30 MDT 2002
Destroying Freedom to "Save" It:
Implications of the USA PATRIOT Act
A Panel Discussion on Liberties in Crisis
The American Civil Liberties Union of Ohio
The Ohio State University College of Social Work
The Social Welfare Action Alliance
The Student International Forum
Wed., April 17, 7-9 PM
The Main Lounge of the Ohio Union (2nd fl.)
1739 North High St. (@ the corner of High St. & 12th Ave.), Columbus, OH
* Brad Koogler, Board Member, ACLU of Ohio
* Christine Link, Executive Director, ACLU of Ohio
* Nasser Kashou, Muslim Students' Association
* Sonny Sandhu, Asian/Pacific-American Law Students Association
"History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of
urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure."
-- Justice Thurgood Marshall
For more information, contact: Yoshie Furuhashi, furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
or 614-668-6554; or Keith Kilty, kilty.1 at osu.edu or 614-292-7181.
Please download the flyer for the event at
<http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/April17a.doc> and spread the word!
* Calendar of Events in Columbus:
* Anti-War Activist Resources: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html>
* Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/>
* Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osu.edu/students/CJP/>
PLEASE clip all extraneous text before replying to a message.
More information about the Marxism