reply to Domhnall

John O'Neill johnfergaloneill at eircom.net
Thu Apr 18 05:45:55 MDT 2002

Add to that failings within the
organisations involved and I guess people can understand the reality - no
simple answers. Perhaps we can agree on this.

Domhnall.

Domhnall

Let me start by saying if I misrepresented your views I apolgise. I probably
got carried away as I was writing.

I agree totally with your sentiment. I don't have all the answers and I have
often found  myself sympathising with the victims and totally understanding
their wish for justice by any means. I try to put myself in their shoes and
imagine what they are going through.

My own experiences of the Garda in the South have been bad to say the least.
They are conservative with no understanding of working class people. They
are usually from rural middle class backgrounds. More importantly, presently
no-one polices the Garda they investigate all complaints themselves.

At the moment the only answer seems to be CRJ. There may be some writing
from the revolutionary left on alternative policing methods but I know of
none.

In future I will quote directly when debating with other subscribers

fraternally

John O'Neill