Ariel Sharon speaks

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Apr 18 08:09:18 MDT 2002

"You can call me anything you like. Call me a monster or a murderer...
Better a live Judeo-Nazi than a dead saint... Even if you prove to me that
the present war in Lebanon is a dirty immoral war, I don't care... We shall
start another war, kill and destroy more and more, until they will have had
enough... Let them tremble, let them call us a mad state. Let them
understand that we are a wild country, dangerous to our surroundings, not
normal, that we might go crazy if one of our children is murdered, just
one! If anyone even raises his hand against us we'll take away half his
land and burn the other half, including the oil. We might use nuclear
arms... Even today I am willing to volunteer to do the dirty work for
Israel, to kill as many Arabs as necessary, to deport them, to expel and
burn them, to have everyone hate us.... And I don't mind if after the job
is done you put me in front of a Nuremberg Trial and then jail me for life.
Hang me if you want, as a war criminal... What you don't understand is that
the dirty work of Zionism is not finished yet, far from it."

Ariel Sharon, interview with Amos Oz, Davar 17 December 1982

Louis Proyect