Forwarded from Einde O'Callaghan

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Tue Apr 23 08:40:57 MDT 2002

> Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 22:35:17 +0200
> From: "Johannes Schneider" <Johannes.Schneider at gmx.net>
> Subject: Re: Forwarded from Einde O'Callaghan (Le Pen)
>
> Einde O'Callaghan wrote:
>

> > Here in Germany there has been an earthquake in provincial elections
> > in Saxony-Anhalt. Five months before the the federal elections the
> > ruling SPD's share of the vote collapsed from 35,9% to 20% (according to
> > the most recent projection). I haven't seen any reports of the voter
> > turn-out yet.
> >

> Turn out was 56,5%
> Full results can be found here:
> http://www.stala.sachsen-anhalt.de/lt02/navigation/lt.00.ergtab.frame.html

This also parallels the French situation where voter participation was
way down, too. In Saxony-Anhalt the turn-out was over 70% last time - so
a huge swing to abstention as well.

The SPD lost over half of it's actual votes, so the situation is even
more disastrous for the SPD than the voter share figures indicate.

Einde O'Callaghan

Louis Proyect