German FDP [was Re: Forwarded from Einde O'Callaghan]

Einde O'Callaghan einde.ocallaghan at planet-interkom.de
Wed Apr 24 07:59:43 MDT 2002

> Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 11:27:51 -0400
> From: "Martin Schreader" <mschreader at npns.org>
> Subject: Re: Forwarded from Einde O'Callaghan
>
> Can someone please give a brief political description of the FOP (Frei
> Deutsche Partei?)? I have forgotten where they sit in relation to the CDU
> and the SPD.

I presume you mean the Freie Demokratische Partei (FDP) - the Free
Democratic Party. They are the German liberal party - the strongest
faction is made up of economic liberals, but there is also a social
liberal wing. They were in coalition with the CDU at the federal level
before the last federal elections.

Einde O'Callaghan