Louis on the Failure of the Left

Gary Maclennan g.maclennan at qut.edu.au
Mon Apr 29 16:01:10 MDT 2002

At 12:34 PM 29/04/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Unfortunately Venezuela will not be allowed to carry out a meliorative
>program under Chavez. Unless the revolution presses forward, it will be
>overthrown. He is eminently reasonable. His enemies are not.
>
>Louis Proyect

This is the absolute crux of the matter.  Capital is in no mood to tolerate
even the suggestion of an alternative.  It must wage total war and work for
total victory.  The failure of the coup in Venezuela gives Chavez a little
breathing space but only if the workers continue to be mobilised and
armed.  It is as simple as that.  The next time the Americans and their
stooges try and try they will, they will kill Chavez at once. I hope he
understands this and does not get carried away with the rhetoric of
"magnanimity".  The Sandinistas were magnanimous too and they lived to
regret it.

regards

Gary