Presidential Prayer Teams

Sherry & Stan Goff sherrynstan at igc.org
Tue Apr 30 06:28:27 MDT 2002

The following is being circulated all over the net.  It would be funny if I
didn't recall that Hitler consulted astrologers, and this outfit has its
finger on the nuclear button:

 (Dear PPT Members...the following proclamation by our President is an
incredible statement by the leader of the free world and we encourage
all members to pass this on to their friends and colleagues to set the
stage for the National Day of Prayer this Thursday, May 2nd.  Thank you!
-- The Presidential Prayer Team)

FROM THE WHITE HOUSE:

NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER, 2002
A PROCLAMATION BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

"Since our Nation's founding, Americans have turned to prayer for
inspiration, strength and guidance.  In times of trial, we ask God for
wisdom, courage, direction and comfort.  We offer thanks for the
countless blessings God has provided.  And we thank God for sanctifying
every human life by creating each of us in His image.  As we observe
this National Day of Prayer, we call upon the Almighty to continue to
bless America and her people.

Especially since September 11, millions of Americans have been led to
prayer.  They have prayed for comfort in a time of grief, for
understanding in a time of anger and for protection in a time of
uncertainty.  We have all seen God's great faithfulness to our country.
America's enemies sought to weaken and destroy us through acts of
terror.  None of us would ever wish on anyone what happened on September
11th.  Yet tragedy and sorrow none of us would choose have brought forth
wisdom, courage and generosity.  In the face of terrorist attacks,
prayer provided Americans with hope and strength for the journey ahead.

God has blessed our Nation beyond measure.  We give thanks for our
families and loved ones, for the abundance of our land and the fruits of
labor, for our inalienable rights and liberties and for a great Nation
that leads the world in efforts to preserve those rights and liberties.
We give thanks for all those across the world who have joined with
America in the fight against terrorism.  We give thanks for the men and
women of our military, who are fighting to defend our Nation and the
future of civilization.

We continue to remember those who are suffering and face hardships.  We
pray for peace throughout the world.

On this National Day of Prayer, I encourage Americans to remember the
words of St. Paul:  "Do not be anxious about anything, but in
everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your
requests to God."  The Congress, by Public Law 100-307, as amended, has
called on our citizens to reaffirm the role of prayer in our society and
to honor the religious diversity our freedom permits by recognizing
annually a "National Day of Prayer."

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of
America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and
laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim May 2, 2002, as a National
Day of Prayer.  I ask Americans to pray for God's protection, to express
gratitude for our blessings and to seek moral and spiritual renewal.  I
urge all our citizens to join in observing this day with appropriate
programs, ceremonies and activities.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twenty-sixth day of
April, in the year of our Lord two thousand two, and of the Independence
of the United States of America the two hundred and twenty-sixth."

GEORGE W. BUSH

For more information on the National Day of Prayer and to find an event
in your area, please go to  www.nationaldayofprayer.org.

"Now, more than ever, it's imperative to pray for our leaders."  Shirley
Dobson, Chairman of the National Day of Prayer Task Force.

To help prepare and equip participants, The Presidential Prayer Team has
prepared a Guide, which may be downloaded and printed without charge at
www.presidentialprayerteam.org.  This Guide provides participants with
an outline of suggested scriptures, leaders to pray for, prayer songs,
ideas for prayer in your church and information about the rich history
of The National Day of Prayer.  It also includes the prayer that will be
read nationally in unison at 12:00 noon Eastern Daylight Time on May
2nd.  The prayer was written by Dr. Lloyd Ogilvie, Chaplain of the
United States Senate and member of the Honorary Committee of The
Presidential Prayer Team.

INTERNET RESOURCES
National Day of Prayer - www.nationaldayofprayer.org
America's National Prayer Committee - www.gospelcom.net/npc
Concerts of Prayer - www.concertofprayer.org

If you are not a member of The Presidential Prayer Team, join by
clicking here (if underlined)
http://www.presidentialprayerteam.org/register.asp, or cut and paste the
web address to the address line of AOL or your web browser.  There is no
fee or obligation to join.  All new members receive a membership decal.

IT'S EASY TO TELL A FRIEND ABOUT THE PRESIDENTIAL PRAYER TEAM:  click
here (if underlined):
http://www.presidentialprayerteam.org/tellafriend.asp (or cut and paste
this link to the address line in your web browser).

NOTE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material is
distributed without profit or payment to those who have expressed a
prior interest in receiving this information. The Presidential Prayer
Team is a national 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established to
encourage and remind individuals to pray for the President, his advisors
and our nation's leaders. The PPT does not endorse, support or oppose
political candidates, campaigns or parties. Individual and corporate
contributions are tax-deductible.

SPECIAL NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER UPDATE 4/29/2002 (c)Copyright 2002, The
Presidential Prayer Team, Inc. All rights reserved.