Gender and Class <red_sites at eudoramail.com>

nancybrumback at cs.com nancybrumback at cs.com
Thu Aug 8 22:06:45 MDT 2002

Subject: re: Gender and Class
From: "Tom O'Lincoln" <red_sites at eudoramail.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 12:58:44 +1000

From: nancybrumback at cs.com
>> how the marxist
>> movement could support the anti-war movement of the 60s (definitely a
> >cross-class movement) but not the feminist movements of the 60s and 70s.

>A somewhat bewildering statement. This Marxist marched in that early women's
 >liberation demo you can see in "Berkeley in the Sixties". Why do you say we >didn't
>support the movement?

There would be a difference between marching in a women's demonstration and
embracing women's politics within a working class politic, as the DSP seems
to have done.

Also, as you can see from many of the posts on the list which are
directed to me, the list has many members with quite a lot of hostility
toward feminism altogether.

nancy

nancy