(fwd from Magnus Bernhardsen) Re: Longer hours required to make Europe more competitive

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Fri Aug 9 05:05:06 MDT 2002

Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 15:52:27 -0400
From: "Marc  Rodrigues" <cuito61 at onebox.com>
Subject: Re: Longer hours required to make Europe more competitive

I was hoping to analyze and deconstruct this article posted by Lou, as
it contains several points which are important.  Sorry to be so simplistic.
 I hope somebody more knowledgeable than me will help me out with this.

Recently I was speaking with a cousin of mine in Portugal who mentioned
that unemployment there is around 26%.  Could this be an accurate figure,
and if so, is the situation similar across western europe?
-----

This is one of the first pages google brought up. There is probably more
recent figures out there, but you'll get an idea of the differences here:
http://www.eto.org.uk/eustats/employ.htm#empoprat

Magnus