More Jim Blaut papers

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Fri Aug 9 13:54:20 MDT 2002

I am trying to pull together all the papers written by Jim that have
circulated on the net. In addition to the ones on the Marxmail website, I
since have added two others. One is titled "The Cultural Theory of Racism"
and begins: "Very few academics these days consider themselves to be
racists, and calling someone a racist is deeply offensive. Yet racism in
the universities is just as pervasive, just as dangerous, as it was a
generation ago. Nowadays we seem to have a lot of racism but very few
racists. How do you explain this paradox?"

The other is titled "Environmentalism and Eurocentrism" and neatly skewers
Jared Diamond.

http://www.columbia.edu/~lnp3/mydocs/blaut.htm