Academic Marxists?

lause at att.net lause at att.net
Sat Aug 10 21:47:38 MDT 2002

I've now heard several academic Marxists on this list
tell me how nifty keen their employing institutions
are.  Although they're at odds right now, both Nancy
and Gerard have taken this position.  In any other
industry, other workers would simply write them off
as "company men" or "company women".

I'm curious if they think that there's something
special about being a professor or working for an
educational institution that somehow reconciles their
claim to radicalism with an affinity for their
employing institutions.

Solidarity!
Mark L.