Palestinian homes destroyed by the IDF

John O'Neill johnfergaloneill at eircom.net
Mon Aug 12 10:44:28 MDT 2002

Friends,

This is the full report on what we witnessed yesterday when we visited the
villages of Tubas and Akkaba to see 2 homes that had been destroyed by the
army.

I just want to add a small extra piece: When we visited the Masri home I had
an oppurtunity to speak privately (with interpretor)to the elderly father of
the young man who had carried out the suicide bombing. He had stated earlier
that he would have stopped his son if he had known he was going to carry out
this bombing so I asked him why, given that many palestinians in this area
believe that this is the only means of resistance left to them against the
military might of Israel and justify the bombings on the basis that
palestinians are being killed daily by Israeli terror. He answered 'I would
have stopped my son from doing this, because he was my son'. Then I asked
him what he would say to the if he met the father of a victim of this
bombing, he answered 'I dont agree with killing civilians and I would be sad
that the other persons son died there'.

Colm