Re.:(fwd from Peter Frase) thoughts on some recent posts on

Chris Brady cdbrady at attglobal.net
Wed Aug 14 10:18:47 MDT 2002

Peter Frase wrote about me:  "His recent long rant smacks more of
wounded ego than anything else. Now Chris, I am not going to make any
assumptions about who you are or what your background is. I will merely
observe that your first reaction to being challenged on feminist issues
was
not to engage the substantive points raised, but instead to accuse your
adversary of "want[ing] me to feel shame and guilt". This is another
shabby
trick, and it is every bit as pathetic as hearing white men whining
"don't
tell me I'm being racist, you're making me feel bad!" Get over it."

Pete, you've plucked one phrase from a several messages, and from a
message that was far from the first, and taken it out of context of the
main issue addressed by those messages, to make my arguments, in the
context of your message, appear anti-feminist.
Nothing could be further from the truth, as I have maintained from the
beginning of this thread.  You present an amusing spectacle of insulting

a person combined with charges of  "taking things so personally."