On TV tonight...

Alan Bradley abradley1 at bigpond.com
Sun Aug 25 06:02:25 MDT 2002

Well, this evening on the 6 o'clock news, there was this demo in
Johannesburg. Some white guy was very prominent as a leader in this. I have
this terrible impression that it might have been Dale McKinley.

Also, today, Lt-General Cosgrove, the honcho of the Australian Defence Force
opened a museum display in Toowoomba. I wrote this display... Oops...

(It was the 60th anniversary of the battle of Milne Bay today (Milne Bay is
at the pointy end of Papua New Guinea.) Conscripts from Toowoomba and the
Darling Downs were the first people to decisively defeat the Japanese on
land in WWII. I got hired to write a history of these guys. The alternative
was unemployment, and I got to study "workers from Toowoomba in the mid-20th
century". We all get to work for imperialism at some point. Next week I am
going to learn about a computer package which people that know about it get
paid a big bucket of money for... At least I got to write history at one
point in my life.

I am not an academic.)

Alan Bradley
abradley1 at bigpond.com