FW: "My Favorite Things" by George W. Bush

Craven, Jim jcraven at clark.edu
Fri Aug 30 12:20:04 MDT 2002

My Favorite Things
As sung by George W. Bush in "The Sound of Muzak"

Tax cuts for rich folks and lines at soup kitchens,
Government deficits and elections for fixing,
Protesters maced and pepper spray stings,
These are a few of my favorite things

Enron and Harken and Tony the poodle
Helping my buddies bring home all the boodle
Wild schemes to pry into your underthings
These are a few of my favorite things

Frumpy gold dresses with blue satin sashes
Pop enough Xanax to curl Laura's lashes
Tacky decor in the Bushie West Wing
These are a few of my favorite things

CHORUS:
When the bombs drop,
When the scuds sting,
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad.

Big money donors and corporate rulers,
Deregulation for big profit movers,
Pioneer fundraisers loaning their company's wings,
These are a few of my favorite things.

War that's forever and bombs that keep falling,
Anthrax in letters, investigative stalling,
Nuclear winter that melts into spring,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Laura appearing in piñata dresses
Chandelier necklace and helmet hair tresses
Approving the mud that the GOP flings
These are a few of my favorite things

                           CHORUS
Expensive bourbon that over ice splashes,
Cocaine that clings to my nose and eyelashes,
Prisoner's pleadings that in my ears ring,
These are a few of my favorite things

Jetting to parties with rich campaign donors
Then golfing with Pops 'stead of drunkards and stoners
Knowing protesters get pepper spray stings
These are a few of my favorite things.

First Lady in twin sets with black pants and flip flops
First Twins on bar stools in France chasing hip hops
The stunning hypocrisy makes my heart sing
These are a few of my favorite things.

                           CHORUS

To Crawford I go for a secretive meeting
Trying to disguise all my own lifelong cheating
Laughing at what all my perfidy brings
These are a few of my favorite things.

Chopping down trees on my ranch gives me pleasure
It's one of the perks from my ill-gotten treasure
Speeches in which my hypocrisy rings
These are a few of my favorite things

Laura all wrapped up in straight jacket scarfing
Jenna and Barbie on bended knee barfing
Knowing we don't have to pay for our flings