Swans

Gilles d'Aymery aymery at ix.netcom.com
Sun Dec 1 17:51:50 MST 2002

My thanks to Louis for the kind words regarding Swans.

Hello, my name is Gilles d'Aymery and I am the minuscule publisher and co-
editor of Swans. I've been following the marxmail list for about one year now.
It's called lurking, is it not? And I have corresponded with Louis in a few
occasions. Louis has offered me the opportunity to post to the list without
being a subscriber (I'd rather read the list on the Web as my mail-box is
overwhelming enough!).

To find this list (can't remember how I did) has been a piece of luck (not a
god-sent, sorry!) as it is to-date the most instructive list I have ever found
about issues in which I am interested.

I do not fully know the etiquette of this list.; so I am asking for your patience,
at least for a few months.

My intent, kindly recognized by Louis who is aware that I do not define
myself as a Marxist, is to ask questions here and there. From my name you
may infer that I am French. Your inference would be correct. I came to this
country in 1982. I am not an academic and I have struggled to learn about the
"real left" in this country (what I mean about "real left" is anyone's guess, mine
included, but it has nothing to do with the "liberal left"). The recent thread
about the "far left" was highly instructive. Why it was deemed to be "far"
blows my mind, but I followed that thread dilligently.

Anyway, I've taken enough of your time already. Just know that I am a
troubadour (Louis's guess) and that I do have very strong convictions.

In solidarity,

Gilles d'Aymery