Fw: Voices fined by the Treasury Dept and our response

LouPaulsen LouPaulsen at attbi.com
Tue Dec 3 19:09:51 MST 2002

Speaking of Voices in the Wilderness and the work they do, which I mentioned
in an earlier post, I received an e-mail from them which I attach below.
Also, I clipped the following paragraph from their webpage:

U.S. Department of Treasury Issues December 6th Deadline for $20,000 Fine
Levied Against Voices

"As payment for these fines, we have included 6,750 Iraqi dinar (ID). Prior
to the Gulf War and economic sanctions, these dinar were valued at
approximately $20,000; today they are worth roughly $3.33! This drastic rate
of deflation is a direct result of the draconian economic sanctions, which
US Representative David Bonior has termed "infanticide masquerading as
foreign policy.'"