One more thing on the US Far Left (continuation of response to Gilles)

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Dec 4 08:31:49 MST 2002

Jay Moore wrote:
> "people person".  I've met him and I found him to be an egotistical ass.
> Other people who have worked with him tell me more or less the same thing.
> ZNet -- meaning the Website, the magazine, and other publishing projects --
> is basically a two-person show with Albert and his longtime companion Lydia
> Sargent.

Yeah, that reminds me. About 5 years ago, when I was still taking
submissions to print publications with more seriousness than I do
nowadays, Robin Hahnel invited me to submit a music review to Z
Magazine. After I did (a piece on a Malian singer), I heard nothing for
weeks. When I finally inquired about the status, Albert told me that he
got it and so what. Grrr.

About a year later, I was doing a web search on ecology and the American
Indian, I discovered that one of my own fucking articles was on the Znet
website *without my permission*. When I brought this to Albert's
attention, he said that he was doing me a favor by allowing a broader
public to view it. This plus the earlier rejection really made me pop my
cork. For at least 2 days, we had a vicious private flame war going in
which he refused to acknowledge that he did anything wrong by
appropriating my article without my knowledge or permission. Finally, he
took it off Znet.

--

The Marxism list: www.marxmail.org