Geothermal Energy & Ethanol

Mark Jones markjones011 at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Dec 4 15:10:52 MST 2002

This simply flies in the face of the facts. (a) renewables + nuclear can
never provide more 20% of present US energy consumption. (b) so-called
renewable energy is more expensive than fossil fuel; even today
photovoltaics are 20-40 times as expensive as natural gas and no form of
renewable energy is remotely cost-competitive, not even windpower. Perhaps,
indeed, the only 'solution' is to blow holes in the earth's crust (with
nuclear weapons?) and create new volcanoes...

Mark