Stalinism and literary culture

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Fri Dec 6 00:22:44 MST 2002

Thanks for that, Steve.  I've been an admirer of
Stefan Heym for some time now.  I hope all these
people don't go down the Orwellian memory hole either.

I don't see Brect's name mentioned.  Maybe I missed
it.  Another great one.  And Gorky too.

Still nobody holds a candle to B. Traven in my book.

Salud,
Mike B)

--- Steve Painter and Rose McCann
<spainter at optushome.com.au> wrote:
> Stalinism and literary culture, particularly in
> Australia
>
> By Bob Gould
>
> A while back on Marxmail Dave Riley, a DSP old hand

=====
"Man first begins to philosophize when the necessitites of life are supplied."  Aristotle

"determinatio est negatio"  Spinoza

"There are no ordinary cats."  Colette

http://au.profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal