Forwarded from Nestor (language)

Mark Jones markjones011 at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Dec 11 11:56:10 MST 2002

> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-marxism at lists.panix.com
> [mailto:owner-marxism at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of Louis Proyect
> Sent: 11 December 2002 17:56
> To: marxism at lists.panix.com
> Subject: Forwarded from Nestor (language)
>

> 1) Carlos is right on the spot, indeed!

This is all jolly good stuff by you and Carlos both, Nestor, and I think
it's especially apt to point out that early mdieval Low Latin was in most
countries a dialect version of classical Latin and was probably being spoken
in those places even during the Roman empire, ie, before the 5th century AD,
but I have 2 questions to aks you: what's the difference between a direct
and an indirect object, and what does this means: "The interest of this
verification does not lie on any kind of  claim for "linguistic precedence"
(after Saussure, this is a nonsensical idea)"

Mark