united for peace vs. ANSWER

Adam Levenstein cleon42 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 12 11:05:05 MST 2002

--- "e. ahmet tonak" <eatonak at simons-rock.edu> wrote:
> [ converted from html ]
>
> United for Peace vs. ANSWER
>
> Can anyone clarify the relationship between these two organizations?
>  Are they excluding each other as they compete with each other?  Is
> there any other --in addition to being anti-stalinist-- political
> reason
> for developing two parallel anti-war organizations?

I don't think either is "excluding" the other deliberately. ANSWER, of
course, is fairly radical; United For Peace seems to be more
pacifist-oriented.

I think the development of UFP is indicative of a growing number of
anti-war coalitions and groups around the country, including this
nauseating pro-imperialism-but-anti-war thing that Cooper is latching
on to. I don't think it's necessarily good or bad; it's just indicative
of how the movement is growing.

Adam

=====
Adam Levenstein                          cleon42 at yahoo.com
ICQ: 17125158

Microsoft will make something that doesn't suck when
they start manufacturing vacuum cleaners.